Journal Première Occasion du 28 novembre 2017 présenté Bob C, Guerrier Dieuseul et Florence. Voir la vidéo ci-dessous pour de plus amples infos.
— Voir aussi
— Promoted content
What a Personal Injury lawyer can do for you
If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, a personal injury attorney can help you receive a fair settlement from the insurance company. Although it’s possible to receive some compensation without legal representation, if you don’t have a personal injury attorney there’s an increased chance that the insurance company will try to take advantage of you and give you less than you deserve.”
When should I hire a personal injury lawyer?
Personal injury attorneys typically focus on one type of personal injury claim, such as car accident injuries or medical malpractice. They also have experience in tort law, which involves civil litigation to recover financial damages in a settlement. The following are a few scenarios where you might consider hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent you:
- The insurance company refuses to pay for your injuries.
- You’ve suffered a long-term or permanently disabling injury.
- You’ve suffered a severe short-term injury that resulted in significant medical costs.
- You suffered an injury or illness as a result of negligence by a doctor, nurse, hospital, or other health care provider. In this case you would hire a medical malpractice attorney.
- You were exposed to a toxic substance as a result of negligent contamination of air, water, or food.
- You’ve experienced psychological trauma or illness as a result of another’s negligence.
- You’re being sued by someone claiming negligence on your part.
What does a personal injury lawyer do?
A personal injury lawyer provides legal representation to anyone involved in a personal injury claim, whether you’re being sued (defendant) or suing (plaintiff). A lawyer can:
- Decide if it is in your best interest to pursue a lawsuit.
- Make sure you receive the maximum damages possible for your case.
- Negotiate your claim.
- Tell you the best circumstances under which to accept a settlement.
- Fill out forms, obtain records, and perform administrative work.
- File motions on your behalf so you can receive information throughout the trial process.
- Convey the seriousness of your claim to insurers, medical providers, and defendants.
Will your insurance company help with my personal injury case?
Your insurance company won’t provide you with a lawyer or give legal advice regarding your personal injury but they may cover parts of the medical bill if you have been injured. The two of you have very different goals. An insurance company’s goal in an accident is to pay out as little as possible if you’re involved in a personal injury, and your goal is to get as much of your injury and damage costs covered. If you have a case which is specific to insurance, consider hiring an insurance lawyer instead. Read more https://www.avvo.com/personal-injury-lawyer.html